Get Back Pain Treatment in South Lake Tahoe
Back pain can be debilitating, and it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible. Chiropractors are experts in diagnosing and treating back pain, and they can help you get back to your life quickly and comfortably.
Back pain is a sharp, localized pain in the spine that occurs when nerve cells in the spine are sending abnormal signals to other parts of the body. The source of back pain can be from a wide variety of structures, including muscles and ligaments, intervertebral discs, joints, or nerves. In addition to being extremely painful, back injuries can lead to long-term problems if not treated correctly. In some cases, lower back pain may also have an emotional component due to the impact on quality of life. Back pain sufferers often experience depression and anxiety along with poor sleep patterns that could potentially lead to insomnia. This has a ripple effect on daily activities and family relationships.
Chiropractors specialize in identifying the source of a patient’s back pain and treating it accordingly. This may include manipulation, mobilization, or other manual therapies to relieve strain on spinal joints and musculature. Chiropractic care has been shown to be effective in reducing both acute and chronic low back pain symptoms.
Common Causes of Back Pain
There are many reasons you might experience back pain. Some of the most common causes include:
- Overexertion – Whether you’re moving furniture or playing sports, anything that causes strain on the muscles and ligaments of your low back can lead to pain.
- Improper lifting – When you bend at an awkward angle or carry too much weight for your frame, there’s a substantial risk of injury to the discs and nerves in your lower spine.
- Muscle strain – Strained muscles can cause inflammation and pressure on nearby tissues, which leads to pain and discomfort. This is particularly common with athletes or anyone who frequently works out.
The Causes of Chronic Back Pain
Chronic back pain may have a different set of causes from acute back pain. In some cases, the initial cause of the pain was never correctly identified and treated. This can lead to a condition called chronicity, where back pain becomes a long-term problem with few relief options.
Some common causes of chronic back pain include:
- Arthritis – Arthritis may be the source of the pain or it might develop over time due to joint damage from not treating the original issue. In either case, having your joints out of alignment can have a debilitating effect on your quality of life.
- Nerve conditions – Damage from poor posture or injury can impact nerves in your lower spine and cause them to send abnormal signals to other parts of your body. This is especially true if you suffer from herniated discs or pinched nerves.
- Structural problems – Spinal fractures, herniated discs, and other spine-related issues may require treatment over time in order to keep the pain under control.
Disc Bulge & Herniation Treatment
A disc bulge is a common cause of low back pain, and it occurs when the soft inner substance of an intervertebral disc pushes against a thin outer wall. This causes lower back pain due to compression on nearby nerves and tissues. A herniated disc is a more serious condition that happens when the thin outer walls are compromised, resulting in a portion of the disc’s contents pushing outside the affected area.
In both cases, chiropractic treatment can have a profound effect on your symptoms. The first step involves identifying which region is causing your back pain so that your doctor can administer an effective treatment plan for you.
Subluxation Treatment in South Lake Tahoe
When your spine is out of alignment, it can lead to muscle strain or pressure on your joints and nervous system. This affects the way your brain interacts with certain regions and can cause pain and discomfort in your back and other parts of your body.
Subluxations occur when a joint has lost its normal range of motion due to injury or some other factor that impairs proper spinal function. Over time, this abnormal movement causes wear and tear that eventually leads to arthritis and chronic low back pain.
At Tahoe Chiropractic Clinic in South Lake Tahoe, we’ve been treating subluxation for years with excellent results. We’ll perform a complete health assessment so we can determine which areas need treatment first. Our goal is to restore mobility as quickly as possible so you can get back to your regular activities without pain.
Back Pain & Stress
Stress can play a major role in your back pain, and it oftentimes exacerbates a pre-existing condition. Learning how to manage your stress through relaxation techniques or other effective methods can help you avoid worsening pain that prevents you from engaging in normal activities.
Managing stress can have a big impact on your life, but it can be difficult to find the time or energy to incorporate stress management into your daily schedule. This is where having a chiropractor in South Lake Tahoe that specializes in holistic methods can make a difference.
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain in South Lake Tahoe
If you’re experiencing back pain, you might assume the best course of action is to take ibuprofen or use heat packs. While these methods provide temporary relief, they don’t address the root cause of your pain.
The most effective way to ease chronic back pain is through active chiropractic care that can help restore spinal function and mobility. At Tahoe Chiropractic Clinic in South Lake Tahoe, we’ll perform a complete health assessment so we can determine which areas need treatment first. Once our doctor identifies your issue, they’ll create an individualized treatment plan for you with long-term goals in mind.
You don’t have to live with back pain. Give us a call today and schedule your Chiropractic appointment and get on the path to a pain-free life.